8/8/10

August 2010

Well it has been a busy summer and Jesse and I are just having so many new and interesting adventures. We are starting to realize that marriage is definitely what everyone told us it would be... lots of work! But all the work is SOOO very worth it. We are trying to figure out the best way to do bills and how to manage our accounts and i'm still trying to get the hang of cooking... and at the same time we're working on keeping our apartment clean. For the most part, during the week I have time to clean it but on the weekends it is a whole different story, but it's great!


Oh a very exciting thing in our life is that we got called to be primary teachers! ages 10 to 12. It is bringing us such joy and we, well i am learning alot! Simple lessons from the old testament can introduce such crucial values to these children. and they know alot already. They KNOW how amazing they are, these are definitely the chosen generation. We love our new calling so much and are so grateful for our blessings.


Jesse and I were also able to participate in this years only churchwide celebration "Arise, and shine forth." Jesse and I, although we're married were able to be included in the institute choir and folk dancers. We LOVE OUR FOLK DANCERS! Since last fall i have been able to make such great friends doing folk dance. I feel very blessed to have been able to participate in such an event. There were 3,000 youth that sang and danced to various efy and church songs and some just random songs. They represented different time eras in americas history, different countries. My favorite part was after we performed, there was a group that represented angels in the war in heaven and how they have been reserved to come to earth til these latter days and the realization and testimony came of how true that is. Everyone in the audience felt the spirit of truth. incredible.


Umm we have very good news!! I'm pregnant!!!! Just kidding, I know that i'm going to cry wolf so many times that no one will believe me when it's the truth. But we went boating last monday and I got up on a wake board for the first time! woohoo!


For my birthday this last week Jesse and my family all pitched in and bought me a canon 40d. I am thrilled to have this awesome camera and am really hoping to get started learning more and more and improving on my photography skills. I know that i have a long way to go but this is what i have wanted to do for a while, i am stoked! some websites that i have been loving lately and getting some awesome ideas is greenweddingshoes.com I love love love it! also this incredible photographer name MJ Morgan. He specializes in natural lightning, it's incredible.


Here are some pictures that i've taken over the last few days with my new camera.

hmm.. some other awesome news is that Jesse's parents are moving to Bolivia for a year! We are so excited for them to be able to experience this whole new adventure! Also my sister in law, Taurie is pregnant again!!! woohoo!! i hope it's a girl because then they'll keep trying for a boy! Prestann is just one of my favorite people in the whole world! Plus she just is so true to her expressions and is a perfect little model for my photography practice. :) well that's it for tonight.

No comments: